View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 01:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Patrick, Don't mess with those herbs unless the are 1) researched fully and 2) gone over with your doctor.

Drugs are made from plants. The strength of any dose of an herb is hard to calculate. That's one reason drugs are made - to ensure consistency of dosing.

Valerian is a sedative and will indeed make your MG worse. And you really don't know if that means a little worse or it's sending you into a breathing crisis worse. Very dangerous.

You are still learning and I think the best lesson is what can happen to MG. That heaviness you describe can quickly - and I mean VERY quickly - turn into an MG crisis where you can't move or breathe. What if that happened while you were alone or driving? This disease can trick you into thinking you're "ok" when you aren't. You can get increased weakness so slowly that you don't realize how bad you are. Everyone can identify a sudden increase but it's the slow and steady increase that'll trick you every time!!!

I hope you will go over all your drugs with both your doctor and pharmacist. There could be interactions you may not be aware of too.

Just take it easy, okay?

Annie
thanks Annie ,I am learning and following you advice.
PMCPMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote