View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 03:03 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Computer problem...is this bad, or REALLY BAD?

My little netbook (an Acer Aspire One) just "recovered from a serious error".

I was trying to play a dvd on it to make sure it works with an optical drive (dvd drive) and every thing was going swimmingly until it locked up, and then I got the BSoD and it said something about the BIOS and that it was beginning a dump of physical memory.

It was also making a horrible grinding noise. (please tell me that was not the hard drive eating itself)

I rebooted, and it rebooted ok for the most part, but it said the "recovered from a serious error" thing, and now it's acting funky. So, I'm having it check the hard drive for errors and told it to fix anything that's funky.

I hope this isnt the little baby computer dying before it's a whole year old. (got it for Xmas last year)

Right now it's almost done with the CHKDSK scan...hopefully this was the right thing to do...boyfriend isnt online tonight (working) and he's my volunteer computer expert.

It's not like I dont have several (ok...four) other computers that I could use, but it seems like all my computers are acting funky...even my iMac keeps crashing.

I'm starting to get paranoid that there's a weird electrical or magnetic field in my house or neighborhood somewhere that keeps crashing my computers. At least it's a teeny tiny laptop and much easier to lug off to the Geek Squad or some other computer expert for fixing than my big monster of a Gateway desktop computer is.

The CHKDSK is taking fooooooooreeeeeveeer!!!

Anyone here know anything about computers, and am I doing the right thing (it was one of the suggestions that Microsoft gave me after I reported the crash)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote