View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Barbara

I have suffered from about the age of 16 with back pain. This has been put down to the fact that I have one leg which is half an inch longer than the other and I have a small curvature of the spine. (healthy aren't I!).

Since stopping work my back pain had virtually disappeared. However it has started up again since having a botched lumbar puncture. It left me with brusing on my spinal cord and paralysis of my left leg for 24 hours.

I have the same problem as you I can't stand due to the pain. I thought it maybe down to the fact that I dont stand very much and I have been trying to teach my husband to cook! It now hurts every night.

I also get shoulder pain. I sleep on my right side and it feels like my muscles just can't cope with me lying on my shoulder. Some mornings I wake up and can barely move my right arm.

I also get neck pain, mainly when the muscles are messing about and wont hold my head up, the pain spreads across my collar bones. But this is the least painful.

I end up taking anti inflammatories to ease the pain and apply heat packs. To me there is no corrolation with how bad my MG is to how the pain will be. So mestinon doesn't seem to help.

Back pains no fun and I sympathise.

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote