View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I support a public healthcare option 100%, for a bunch lot of reasons. But mostly it is ethical for me. I cannot in good conscience support anything less than ensuring all are provided decent healthcare. I have heard the argument time and again that emergency rooms won't turn away uninsured. But people cannot get ongoing care such as chemotherapy, physical therapy, have a mastectomy, manage their diabetes, etc. etc. etc. in the emergency room.

So it is proposed the biggest impact to taxes will be individuals who make $500,000 plus or families that earn $1,000,000 plus. Well that is a bummer but I can't really be sympathetic. I wish I had that problem. These are also the earners that have the income to create tax shelters so probably aren't paying what they should anyway.

Besides we would not be funding the entire 47M that are uninsured today. Many of the uninsured individuals will actually buy insurance if it was affordable. I would love to consider a change in career, but can't because of pre-existing condition and the high cost. It stinks that option is taken away and I am stuck being a Dilbert.

That's my story and I'm stickin' with it.

Last edited by Bets; 11-11-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo
Bets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-11-2009)