View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face CSF Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by helyna View Post
Hi, I'm new, glad to have found this site. Had Chairi surgery July 15, 2009. Discovered dura leak about 6 weeks ago. Dr. suggested letting it heal on it's own. Well, the lump ( I call it my egg) on the back of my head is not going down during the day anymore, it is much firmer, and I look like I have a ridge of fat on my neck. nausea, headaches, and very irritable. I am getting another MRI & seeing my brain surgeon this coming monday about options, inc. surgery. Any questions I should ask? Anybody else had this complication. I'm very nervous....
Please do be nervous!!! if you don't get that taken care of it will cause you to have a Gran Mal seizure, I had the exact same thing I kept going in for 2 weeks to have him drain it but eventually I ended up having a seizure and now I'm on Medication for seizures for the rest of my life, I bet you feel tired all of the time, youre groggy, probably hot & sweaty and irritable just for starters, anyway I ended up with a shunt which has helped but it has its own issues, I hope the best please let us know how it works out!
brainiac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Katheryn H (05-14-2012)