View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
I get the blotchy skin too! I'm so glad I'm not the only one, although I'm sorry you have the same symptoms

It covers mainly my neck and upper body, but also goes on my face. It even happened when I was at the hospital about my heart problems last week and the Dr hadn't seen anything like it. They were giant red blotches and I felt so hot it was like I had my face in front of a heater. I don't have it constantly, but have had it happen quite often- first noticing it about 2 years ago.

So this is an RSD problem? Can anyone explain it?
Hi Kate,

I've always had blotchy skin too, had it my whole life not just since I was diagnosed with the RSD 7 years ago. When my doctor saw it on my stomach he thought I had a rash, perhaps a reaction to something and given my history of allergic reactions it alarmed him. Ultimately it calmed down on it's own and was nothing that could be explained.

I have a friend with RSD, she occasionally experiences a drooping of her face muscles on the her right side. When she has her lidocaine infusion her face returns to normal. All the doctors had to gather around around her to watch the remarkable recovery as the lidocaine works it's magic on her.

I wish I could explain the red blotchy rashes that come and go but I've never been given and explanation as to the cause either pre or post rsd.

Does anyone else out there have any answers?

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote