View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 03:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm a methadone gal

First, welcome to Bigcaat - I hope the information you are getting will keep you here so that you can enjoy the friendships you are bound to make.

Second of all, I need to introduce myself back into the Chronic Pain forum as I have not been active here for reasons unknown even to myself. Some old history, perhaps, but a new year brings renewed interest in a very important topic. Among other things, I have very painful neuropathy (idiopathic) made worse by 4 unsuccessful foot surgeries. I hope that someday I will be pain free. Until then, I will educate myself as best as I can!!

Mrs. D - thanks for the update on methadone. I have had an EKG a few years ago but maybe it's time for another?!

Anyway, I take methadone with Oxycodone (Percocet's generic) for BT pain. I DO NOT take lightly the responsibility of taking a narcotic. If I must take them, and I do, I can't take them willy nilly and expect them to work or, in the case of taking too many, end up in the ER or worse. I'm still a little afraid of them which I think is good, for me anyway.

I tried OxyContin when I first tried narcotics and it didn't work for me. I've not tried any morphine based products. I've asked my Pain Doc's NP about them and she put me off stating, "not yet". Does that mean that Kadian is stronger or just another option for her down the road - I don't know.

Well, I've written a lot to say a little but I hope it's ok that I'm here and will be back more often this year.

Thanks for the info,
nancyh
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote