View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been on prednisone since January 09. My dose has gone up and down during that time, my highest was 100mg/day while I was in hospital for the thymectomy. At one point in the summer I got down to 10 mg/day. Right now I have started my taper since late October and am currently at 25mg/day.

I have gained weight. I would say that I have gained 30 - 35 pounds. All of the weight has gone right to my abdomen and my face. My face is as round as a pie. I wonder where my cheekbones have gone. I do have cravings mostly for unhealthy stuff like sweets.

I also notice that my sleep habits are affected. I sometimes only sleep five hours a night. This is a real problem for me because I usually get eight to nine hours of sleep every night. When I don't get enough sleep my MG doesn't have a chance to "recover" overnight.

I am curious about the potassium supplement. My mom mentioned that maybe I should take it but I have never heard about it.

Kendra, I hope that the side effects you experience are minimal. Take care ~ Melanie
rezmommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote