View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mid Day Report

I'm not sure how useful my reporting will be...I'm awful when it comes to measuring, recording, etc. Just to give you an idea, my hs chemistry teacher actually took cover across the room when he realized I wasn't exactly scientific in mixing chemicals for a slightly volatile reaction.

I went back to read earlier threads on DM and ended up:

1) trying a low dose last evening before bed (1/2 teaspoon)
2) taking a morning dose eight hours later (1 teaspoon)

this is what I've noted thus far:

- immediate 'on' sensation when taking it at bedtime though I was not taking any Sinemet at that time. It definitely seems to stimulate dopa and my body noticed right away- faster, fluid gross motor movement, and I could knit at what seemed like warp speed. Overall, I slept much better; sounder (no need for benadryl as sleep aid), and woke up less stiff- I especially have problems with stiffness in my fingers and feet. Not so bad this morning.

-while more fluid when I awoke, I felt internally sluggish, a little uncoordinated and slow. I did take the morning DM dose with my meds both Mirapex and Sinemet. I had a much more fluid, less noticeable transition to 'on'. However, I did get a minor case of curly toes. Not sure if that was too many meds going on at once?

In general, I feel more 'normal'. In taking the DM, my meds have lasted 1-1.5 hours longer per dose, and I don't have a harsh wearing off sensation. I do notice meds start to diminish but it is much gentler; my body doesn't protest as much, and everything just feels more fluid. I haven't taken another dose of the DM as I want to see how long it lasts in my system for the day (so far I've gone 8 hours).

Of special note:

-No dyskinesias! I'm very sensitive to having too much dopamine in my system and have had mild dyskinesia early on. With the DM, less need to jump start my Sinemet CR with regular tabs and less unwanted movement.

-I feel normal! Fluid- I feel like I did before I started down the slippery slope of medication. More like myself than I have in over a year.

I want to be able to better pinpoint where my metabolism is to help out anyone else who wants to try this. I thought I was a quick metabolizer but I'm beginning to think that I may be in the 6-8 hour window of efficacy for DM- in the normal range, I'd say.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RLSmi (11-12-2009)