View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 01:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My own opinion is that all of the brain drugs can do almost anything to anybody, and each of us has to try to deflect the bad side effects. My opinion is that the disease itself, plus the input of brain-altering chemicals, can swing anyone from agony to ecstasy and back again, and we all have to pay attention to what is happening to us. And when I started, I had no idea that Pharma companies actually do lie, cheat and steal, because of the billions of dollars involved and because of the mediocrity of some of the researchers who make a career of cranking out conclusions that are not at all based on the evidence their study yielded. It is deeply depressing to read the Lancet or the Journal of American Medical Assoc., and find out that 55% of the research papers are simply never handed over for evaluation by others, and so you wonder what they are hiding; and of the ones who do hand over the info, 31% of the medical researchers changed or falsified or completely substituted the primary conclusion of their research. 31% of them lied; switching the primary conclusion with one of the secondary ones; or just changing the statistics to get a result that looks good enough to apply for another grant.
The trust is gone; if it ever was there, and although I believe that Mirapex can take you anywhere from floating in the clouds to committing suicide - so you really got to watch it and we have to watch out for each other - but to announce that 20% of Parkies are destructive gamblers and dangerous hypersexed druggies; and to say that is a low estimate... People lose their jobs because about this inability to control their most primal actions. Which is B.S.
No doubt there are some such; no doubt that some Parkies somewhere, hypersexualized; myself I know of 2 Parkies who seem bi-polar, maybe all Parkies are lunatics in some way, but to throw out to the world that 20% of us are a danger to ourselves and to society, uncontrolled robbery to pay for uncontrolled sinfulness - well, if it is the truth, then it is the truth, and the consequences must follow. But it is not the truth. It is closer to being a bad joke than to being the truth.
It might be interesting for scientists to look for a cure for Parkinson's. The study about the impact of pickled herring on Parkinson's some years ago convinced me that someone has to tell the scientists that their schtick is not funny anymore.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote