View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legzzalot View Post
And they found........... NOTHING! the doc has NO IDEA what is wrong with me but he decided the best course of action was to write me an antibiotic and a pain reliever and send me to the neuro... Called neuro, talked to the nurse explained the situation, she says NO that is not normal and no it's not from the MS drugs and that I need further testing... waiting on them to get the results from the other doc.

Proof that doctors are clueless. If it is an infection I would like to fix it before I start TY which my insurance has finally approved. But if it is something with my kidneys i may want to hold off on TY until we figure it out.....

I swear to you 2 years ago the only health problems I had was the twice a year attack of strep throat!I feel like the more they try to treat this disease the sicker I get.

The first time I had x rays (30 yrs ago), no stones showed up. It had most likely passed by the time the x rays were taken, but I still had the infection. (From the type of pain I had, the doc thought it was my appendix, so it's kind of a good thing the infection pointed to the correct problem).

It was years later when they finally saw a stone on film (early '90's). I had issues with that thing for years - 2 rounds of litho, and it reformed both times. I can't tell you how much keflex I've eaten, and other antibiotics.

And the thing is STILL in there! I can feel it, but have not had too much trouble with it lately.

There was a lot of confusing info on the topic back then - eat calcium? Avoid it? All I know is, I do NOT drink our tap water because if it plugs up at faucets, it's gotta be plugging me up too, lol. I can NOT drink anything with sugar, because that causes infections for me. And if I need an A/B for any reason, I have to eat yogurt to keep up my good bacteria.

Keep tabs on this thing, okay? Hopefully, it's a one time thing for you.