View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:17 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Great report Laura

You did a good job of describing my experience as well. The only exception would be that, despite everything I read, I did have some dyskinesia but I think that has eased now.

I don't think I would add bioperine in right now. Too many variables. I have quit everything but sinemet and requip until I get a handle on it. However, for the sake of my liver I added silymarin back in yesterday.

Currently I am trying a qtr tsp in the morning and again in th afternoon.

I have noticed a subtle difference when I go Off from too little vs too much. In the former case, movement is hard for me and requires that I overcome resistence from opposing muscles. With the latter it is more a matter of my limbs becoming very heavy and just not worth the effort. Also, this extends to my eyelids which is unusual. I suspect that this is a glimpse of what is called a disociative state by the anesthesiologists. This family of chemicals which includes DXM is used for pain control.

One of the others family members is PCP and is used for the purpose by veternarians. In my youth it was also sold for recreational use but under other names. I remember a time that a friend of mine convinced himself that he had od'd on it and that he was going to die. He didn't but he did spend the evening on my sofa very calmly and contentedly awaiting his death. Now that is disassociation!

In case anyone gets a bright idea to test PCP, btw, don't. It is some evil stuff. Stick to the cough syrup.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote