Thread: Topamax Dosage
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 08:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Same boat

Vodpop,

I understand how you feel about the driving. I have not driven since Oct. 2. My neuro would just keep saying, "Lets see how things go until I see you again." My daughter drives me to work every day, and a friend at the school where I work drives me home. I feel guilty, and so frustrated having to depend on other people for rides.
I think you should be up front with your Dr. and let him/her know that you upped the Topamx without any real side effects. As you stated, the insurance co. will not let you refill rx. again until certain date. That means you would interrupt your dosage, which could bring on seizure activity. I too had some side effects while on Topamax. The tingling feet and hands. This is mild compared to other meds.
I'm sure this is not an easy decision. For some reason we put our Dr. miles above ourselves, and think that we have no right to question or disagree with them. It is your body, you know how you feel and how it is responding. The added stress you feel about having to confront your Dr. is probably taking a toll on you also. I don't think you should wait another two or three mos., but that is only my opinion.
I wish you the very best in working this out.

Garney
Garney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote