View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 12:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rach, I'm really sorry I mentioned it, I really am, as it is not my intentions to make anyone feel uncomfortable, or feel as though someone doesn't believe them.
I know you're sick, and I don't want you feeling bad. You hang in there, sooner or later you'll find a doctor who will listen to you, and take the appropriate steps in helping you feel better.
Here are some things that have helped me in talking with my doctors. First things first, if you can take someone with you, please do, as they can be the one to ask questions for you if you need.
When asking your doctor about different tests and such, explain to them, that you can't go on with these symptoms they way they are at presence.
Tell them, that since you were first told about Myasthenia, you decided to read up on it, to see if it did indeed sound like what you had.
That it did, and you would like to know what his opinion is on doing this test, or that test...etc.
Or, what about trying the med Mestinon?
Offer suggestions to him, and this way you are creating a dialog with him/her.
And if you take someone with you, let them know of all the questions you want to understand, and this way, they can jump in too, and ask away.
In doing this, it will let the doctor know just how serious this is too you, and you need help NOW. And that you are willing to try anything he is suggesting.
I had to learn, that It's My body, and I have to take an active roll in getting help, and this means that sometimes, I have to ask a lot of questions, and speak up when I'm not happy at the way the treatment thus far is going.
Again, Rach, I'm so sorry, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I really wasn't .
It breaks my heart when I see someone battling with a medical issue. Trust me, I have some real serious stuff going on in my body, and I do understand. I really do.
Love Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach73 View Post
Ok firstly Annie- you haven't mucked up my thread.

Lizzie- yes you are right some people do convince themselves they have a disease and then see as many Drs as possible until they find one that agrees with them.

I dont care what they call what I have as long as they start taking me seriously and start treating me. I dont find it acceptable to be labelled a loony tune and left to suffer.

( nothing in your post Lizzie has suggested that you think Im a loony tune so I dont want you thinking Im having a go at you, thats not the case, as I completely understand where you are coming from.)

What really annoys me is they (drs) disregard my response to mestinon, the ice pack test, my response to neostigmine bromide and a tensilon test. Because it suits them to.

If I had another type of disease or mental health issues then fine, but do something. I have now nearly lost three years of my life to this merry-go-round and I want to get off!

Sorry Im feeling like an extra from night of the living dead and Im having a moan. I will stop!

Love
Rach
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote