View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 01:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Alice

[Alice, I'm going to assume that you are speaking to me. I wasn't directing my post to Rach, I was merely explaining why some doctors are reluctant in saying a patient has Myasthenia.
I wasn't trying to say that her doctor was thinking this of her. Just each doctor has experiences, and that we need to take this into account.

I am not in any way shape or form saying that a doctor shouldn't be actively helping his/her patients, just trying to give the other side, to help people understand that the doctor may genuinely believe it's not MG, that's all.

Every time we enter a doctors office, we are entering the office of an individual who is human, faults and all.
I just don't believe that every doc out there is bad. And I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go bashing doctors. I have some real good friends who are in the medical world, and there is always two sides. My eldest is, at this very moment doing an internship.
I know there are bad ones, misinformed ones. I've had some, but I also think we need to know there are good ones out there too. Doctors who want to help, and want to find out what is going on, and want to work for the good of their patients.
I was just trying to say there are all sorts of reasons. And at the MG conference a few years ago, they did cover this subject, and explain why doctors were reluctant in diagnosing MG.
I didn't say it was right, or wrong, just what the MG expert explained. So Now can we please move on?
Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote