View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not sure I need any more tests - I know exactly when and how I was poisoned. It was at work and how much inorganic arsenic I was exposed to is recorded in the lab results.

I must say, I would love to be able to talk to the lady who was poisoned by her husband. I assume he used arsenic trioxide which was the poison of choice in Victorian times. For obvious it's reasons difficult to find fellow sufferers and I the medical community in the UK are quite fascinated by me.

Anyway, is anyone able to decipher the 'neurologistspeak' for me about dorsal root ganglia and so forth?

I had an appointment with a pain management consultant today (my neurologist referred me to him) and he explained something I could not figure out - ie why does the pain get worse the more active I am? He said think of it like an old fashioned telephone exchange -1 or 2 calls don't create much demand on the system, but 30, 50, 100 calls and the system is much more active, with many more pathways of communication in use and because your pathways are damaged they find it difficult to cope with.

I'm not talking doing an aerobics session every day here, just the usual day to day activities we all need/want to do!
Gildedlily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote