View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb my problem...

was that IE 7.0 installed a duplicate .dll file on my computer ---which I already had, and then the two started a conflict/fight with each other.

At first it slowed me down, then it froze me (over two days), then it took
my whole DSL down and I could not get on the internet. The fix is on the other thread here, and involves "renaming" the older .dll file so the newer one will work.

I haven't used IE 7.0 at all. It is now just sitting there. We use Firefox.

Now I am afraid of it...I have read so much about it lately.

My son helped me fix this problem--and fortunately I was getting error
messages so he could figure it out. For people who do not get a box with
an error in it, you would have a huge problem, like Snoopy, I guess!
My error message only came up on reboot. And we don't reboot every day.

My husband was miffed at me-- said why did you click on that update reminder!!! yada yada. My son tells me always update...so there I was in the middle trying to do my best...and bingo, we had a huge problem.
But I DID update my Windows media player recently and that is VERY nice...
so not all of them have the dreaded bugs!

In the end my son suggests for what it is worth, that you still get the upgrade. He thinks there are Microsoft things in it that work with XP security wise. So that might be important. But we don't use IE at all anymore, and Firefox 2.0 seems to work with just about every website I go to. The only thing it won't do is the Yahoo Page Builder at their free Geocities site. (page builder is a pop-up program, and Firefox blocks pop-ups.)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote