View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi,

I wish I knew your first name, but your daughter will have difficulty in school. I don't know where you live, but every school district has a hospital/homebound school program. If her doctor feels she needs to have instruction from home, so that she does not get injured more and she will not fall behind in her academics, you can have her fill out the paper work, you will need to get a diagnosis in writing from the doctor. Ask your daughters guidance counselor what to do. Maybe she needs to be home until the end of the year while you make it through this change in your lives. This way they can not hold her absence against her and retain her at the end of the school year.

Also, go to the RSDSA.org website and read the story about the Fakers Club. It is a story about a little girl about your daughters age, going through the same trials and tribulations that yours is going through. You should also implement a 504 plan which gives your daughter accommodations in regards to her disability. I highly recommend this. On the RSDSA website it gives you some examples of what accommodations that you can use. She will have a multitude of absences, but you want to make sure that when she is better she will be able to return to school. Again, I can be very helpful to you if you would like more information. But, implement the 504 plan immediately and DO NOT take NO for an answer from her school, They will tell you that you do not need it right now, but you do. You need to protect your daughter through out her school years and this will give her rights through IDEA, which is federally regulated. Google 504 plans and check out the RSDSA web page. If you have trouble finding it I will post a link for you.

Good luck with your baby.

Sandy
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-19-2009), loretta (11-13-2009)