View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink Oh, I love deer too.

We feed them on our island in the summer, and give salt. They LOVE a salt
block! You will have them forever if you put one out.

Here is my favorite deer picture, since the subject came up. That is my son,
when he was in early high school, grilling our dinner. I taught him how to cook over several years, on summer vacations.

This particular deer was the first to come over to us (they have to swim over)
and we had her for 3 season's before she passed on. All of her relatives continue to visit us. But none were so tame as she. We named her Effie.

I have always loved this picture, since it is so unusual, and because it shows my son with his greatest smile!

Edit to add--- yes, deer eat everything Jingle. I try to keep a small wildflower garden on the shore, and have to use one
of the "ultrasonic" alarms to protect my few flowers. It runs on batteries and spooks them off if they come too close. I found that putting a bucket of water out for them, keeps them off our shore, and that helps too. But we see them drinking down the way, sometimes!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-29-2008 at 03:20 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote