View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It's all relative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLSmi View Post
Like Rick I must disavow any claim to expertise with the DXM approach in attempting to delay/arrest neurodegeneration. All I can claim is some familiarity with the literature and my own subjective experience, along with brief conversations with Dr. Hong in 2006 at the World Parkinson's Congress and by phone. When I told him that I was taking DXM in cough syrup using the single low dose at bedtime protocol recommended by the low-dose naltrexone people, his main concern seemed to be that the preparation contain only DXM as the active ingredient, and to particularly avoid any which contain polystyril which is added to slow down the release of the DXM into the circulation. He seemed to be subscribing to the idea put forth by Zagon that the drug should only briefly bind cell surface receptors proir to the natural early morning time of optimal release of endogenous opioids by the cells.
Robert
Well, to me you are all experts given that I'm still just trying to make sense of it all I'm just trying to do the opposite of robotrippin'...what could we call it for PWP? robodribblin'

I found the main thread on DXM started in 2007. Rick, you tried it back then; any reason that you feel comfortable sharing why you stopped? Also, AshleyK asked if using an agonist like Mirapex actually countered the effect of the DXM, but I didn't see anyone answer this- does anyone know?

Also, is it a no-no to drink and then take the DXM? I have a glass of red wine at night sometimes.
It would be great to hear from other brave white rats who tried this starting two years ago. Have you remained on it, and how goes it now?

Laura

Last edited by Conductor71; 11-13-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: new info and more questions
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote