View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sandy,

First, I would say to call the pharmacist to see if depression is a pediatric side effect with the new drug. Is she taking something for her ADD? If so they can be working against each other. You are in the right direction with the psychologist. She will probably not want to go, but you have to be strong and take her anyway. Even though you are in a private school, you should still look into the 504 plan. (during all of your spare time!) They can be implemented in private schools as well. Have one prepared and ready to go just in case. The schools are always accommodating at first, trust me I know first hand.

My daughters doctors have always told me to be careful not to reinjure her ankle, she had an ankle sprain which lead to this back when she was 11 years old. Everyone is different. As long as the PT/OT know what they are doing with an RSD injury or flare, sometimes they can make it worse. I have always been told that warm pool therapy is the best for RSD. So if you have access to warm pool therapy, you should try to get her in.

If things do not work with your plan right now, I hope you consider Boston or Cleveland. They deal specifically with this disease. She will meet other children going through this as well.

I'm sorry that she lost her friend. We all know too well how she feels. I think it is wonderful that she will be able to talk with another child that has gone through what your daughter is going through. Good Luck and my prayers are with you.

Sandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlevitt View Post
My name is actually sandy .. (the only smiley face I have had all day).
My daughter goes to a small private school that is very accomodating. they dont have to meet all the standards from "no child left behind". Its an IB school . THe school is extremely supporting. the school counselor already emailed me back. They will allow her to do whatever she needs to do. This is one of the reasons why I love this school. I know that in an ordinary public school things would be different.

In your post it mentions "not getting injured more". Just curious how that can happen if the actually injury doesnt exist anymore. I thought the purpose was to use the limb as much as possible to get it back to normal.

Right now my daughter is extremely depressed. I am waiting for a psychologist that specializes in pain in children to call me back. Its hard on a friday to get a hold of everyone. She started Gabapentin, and I am wondering if its making things worse and making her depressed. It doesnt help that due to issues having nothing to do with the foot, she lost a friend this week (she has social issues due to her ADD before all of this happened).
She just wants to just go to sleep and wake up and have the pain gone.

The Dr is suppose to call me back with another girl her age that got over this to talk to my daughter. She just had to contact them first. I think that will go a long way.

the thought of Boston or Cleveland is fresh in my mind .
SandyS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-19-2009), loretta (11-13-2009)