View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Denise,

Thought I'm mention - You wrote:

I've also had trouble with vision for about 18 mos. I thought it was due to starting Lyrica, but even when I go off of it I still have trouble.

My question is: How long were you off it and still noticing problems? A few hours? Days? Weeks?

The reason I ask is this....When my husband was first diagnosed with RSD they put him on Neurontin - (Neurontin is the answer or sister product of Lyrica - Neurontin was involved with a very large class action lawsuit - a short time later they came out with Lyrica with the FDA's blessings on something Neurontin DID NOT have...)

Anyways, When he was on Neurontin I read once (and I'd have to find that information again) that Neurontin could stay in your system/body and one could have side effects for up to 3 years AFTER taking the medication. THATS PRETTY DARN SCARY. My thought is, is that if you were just off the Lyrica for a few days I'm guessing its more then probable you were still experience the side effects (blurred vision) from the Lyrica.

It concerns me that people/patients are often unaware (mis-informed) of how long these meds can "linger" on in our bodies...weeks, months, years later. The Dr's dont tell us this AND it's written in that tiny, tiny print at the bottom of the page IF it's there at all....

SCARY!!!

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote