Old 11-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default OK first off?

Here is the sticky for all the meds most have tried:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread177-2.html
It IS a big menu? And grows bigger daily. Or, so it seems.....
Honestly, for me? Since I've developed other new and fun med issues? I've cut out the neuro meds totally [except for my IVIG]. WHY? Because they really didn't work! IF they cut 10-15% off the top that was the best they could do, unless I took more and simply became a sleep zombie. Lidoderm patches help SOME for a localized pain, but not for the long term.
Honestly now that I'm no longer taking any direct meds for pain? My pain is simply a constant humm and burn, worse with over exertion tho...such a the rehab I've been doing. Prudent timing of ice, heat and lideoderm patches help a lot? But the humm is still there....ever present.
As for sleeping? I've found this stuff -IF it doesn't have extra b-6 added. Take a look at what's out there and try it?
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...mins&x=27&y=22
It's that phantom 'tryptophan' as in turkey overload? I have, due to other meds, found that this helped me maintain a better even keel on things in my life than before using it. I rarely need it now, but it IS useful during times of extraordinary stress. BTW? Even keel='s sleeping! More important than sleeping is the DREAMING you might do when sleeping. Do keep that in mind. IF you've not dreamed 'due to meds, stress or who knows what?' Once you resume dreaming some of them are gonna be whoppers! Don't know how else to put it out there. I believe the word used most often is "VIVID"? And they sure are! Just know that is sorta normal in the getting back to any part of 'normal' that there might be.
I agree w/Cyclops that all meds come at some price. Many known many not yet documented. And WE are the guinea pigs! Be sure to READ al 'prescribing info' on any and all meds you take! YOU could scare yourself silly or start to ask INTELLIGENT questions of your physician prescribers! So don't be shy about asking even the simplist, silly or stupid question that comes across your mind about your meds and their effects/cross-effects! Challenge them to do their homework on what all is blithely prescribed.
I too at first refused a 'sleep test'? And, later did it...you know what? It was disgustingly normal. Go figger... Tho...driving home afterwords was a 'challenge'? I'm still; here.
Hope always! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote