View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 10:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Ada,

We're here in Wisconsin - The Land of Snow & Cold!!!

Although our winters have been pretty mild here the past few years, it is REALLY cold right now - We've been below zero in the evenings and early mornings - Hardly any snow. I think it's about 8 degrees this morning - then we've got the wind chill.....FUN!

In the past years the cold GENERALLY has not bothered hubbies leg. This year though with the RSD in the arm the cold is driving him nuts. He hates having the jacket on - yet he needs it to go outside. He still has to get out -such as shopping at Walmart last night with me and of course the physical therapy. Even though he would prefer to stay in the house he needs to get out for sanity purposes. The minute he's in the warm vehicle off comes the jacket - it burns just to have it on.

We make sure he bundles up good like I said - the jacket and he has gloves and stuff. The neuropathy in his left arm and carpel tunnel issues just top off the cake but he's doing OK with it so far.

Last year when I was going insane waiting out the winter I decided I was going to do something with my spring fever. We painted the kitchen a pretty fresh spring green. It brightened it up and sure helped a lot! This year we cant do that - We dont need more paint and hubby cant help so we're just waiting it out BUT what we are doing is picking out and designing new flower beds to go in this spring. Thats been a ton of fun!

HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote