Thread: Is this MG??
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 11:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome Kris!

You have certainly been through a ton of tests! It is good that they are being very thorough. Did they do blood tests for specific antibodies? Like Annie said, this is a classic indicator IF you have the antibodies. I don't have them -- but I still have MG.

RE: your shortness of breath
As a former smoker, I can tell you that the feeling is different when the shortness is caused by MG. Smoker short breath is fairly repeatable. You experience the 'same' feeling every time you walk up a flight of stairs. When it's MG, it's variable. Sometimes fairly dramatic shortness of breath and other times, little or no problem.

On the word 'getting stuck'. This has been happening to me (in clusters of occurences lately). At my neuro apt. last week, I mentioned this as something new and irritating. They said this is not MG - but rather more indicative of a complex partial seizure. So, I was scheduled for an EEG and cautioned that they may need to do a video EEG for three days to capture the event (apparently difficult to dx). I'm not sure I'm buying into all this yet...but that's what learned last week.

Anyway, don't worry -- take it one day, one test at a time. And I look forward to hearing about how you are doing.

Sue

Last edited by suev; 11-14-2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: can't type today!
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote