Thread: H1N1 Question
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My city (Omaha, NE) just announced that they're having an H1N1 vaccine clinic (free shots!) for anyone who wants one at the auditorium (Civic Auditorium) downtown...till 3pm. No age restrictions now. (the age restriction, anyone over 65, has been bugging me...)

My dad wants my mom to get a shot, so when I told him they're giving them out for free right now at the auditorium, he said he'd rather pay for the shot and not have to stand in line. (he's got a bad back, and a heart condition and doesnt want to stand in line...mom has bad knees and spinal stenosis, but she has a wheelchair we could take for her to sit in)

I dont want to go stand in line either. I called the pharmacy I go to, and they said they would be getting 24hr advance notice before they'd be giving out shots and that no pharmacy in Omaha has the vaccine right now.

I'm guessing the fact that the county is handing out shots to anyone right now might mean that the doctor's offices and the pharmacies might be getting the vaccine soon.

My dad is going to ask at work if he can get my mom a vaccine at the vaccine clinic at his work. (he works at one of the hospitals in town).

I'm not getting the vaccine myself. I'm just trying to stay away from crowds and small children. (not a problem for me...I dont care much for small children or crowds) I just want to get my mom a shot.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote