Old 11-14-2009, 04:02 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momzpeachy View Post
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while because I was really not well for a while thanks to this wonderful disease. I then started Ketamine and went for the 10 day outpatient program. My last day was a week ago yesterday. I felt amazing during those 2 weeks. I felt somewhat normal again. The inflammation went down, the redness was almost gone, and the pain level went from a 10 to about a 2 by the 3rd day of ketamine. I was so happy. The last day, I walked out feeling awesome..not even tipsy that day and my dad and I went out for lunch. I wasn't even tired the whole day.

Well, by Tuesday the pain was creeping back up. By yesterday I was in a complete flare all over. It was horrible. I was in so much pain I could barely move and all I wanted to do was cry. My Dr knew that by Thursday I wasn't to good and I'm scheduled for boosters next week. They called me yesterday and brought bad news. After 10 days of ketamine, the relief should last longer than it did for me. I shouldn't be back to where i was already so now they may cancel the boosters and ketamine all together after next week. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am so upset now because that leaves me with nothing! It worked but not for long so now what's next? They don't have an answer other than I will have this forever. Wonderful! I don't know if I can take this pain forever. I'm only 37 and can barely move most days. They don't know how to treat this because everything they have tried has failed. I feel stuck and hopeless.

I just needed to vent. I don't know what's next for me now.

Momzpeachy!

Ok now....
Relax, put your pain in God's hands, (If you believe).

No, ketamine doesn't last long for most anyone.. it's a trial type of thing.
I had lidocaine, and it did fairly nothing...

I've had RSD/ TOS / TBI / DISCS / Sleep apnea, and on and on, I got RSD in 83, So TOMORROW, will be my anniversary.

I hope you have a good neurologist, or whoever is treating you will now explore some serious pain medication.
I've been on Methadone (with a cocktail of others), since the very early 90's.
Yes, i went 7 years with NO DX! No real meds!

I'm not saying I have it worse.
But, someone always does. So, I only can ask you to relax yourself, and soak in an epsom salt bath.
Then, make your plans for your new life.

I've lost millions, business', two children whom I raised, (who warned me it was coming), and, like that.
It can get sad.
Really Sad!

But, find your faith.
All these worldly things (Including pain) come, and go.

WE're all here for you!!
Anytime!

Pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (11-14-2009)