View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I agree with what all have said before me?

When I first 'got' PN then another neuropathy 'version' I did the whole vitamin route.... and cautiously I mite add. But, My neuropathy kept getting worse! So, I persued various medical testing, while I could still walk and drive and got myself all that testing!
I then took a look at all my meds...cross referencing side effects etc. AND there were some... BUT WHEN I took a whole gander at my vitamins? I found out that B-6 was thrown into almost anything! I was ingesting over 6+ times the MDR for B-6 from this combo! I switched to pre-natal multi-vites and then searched for any other brands of other vites W/O b-6.... It Can be done! And yes I am a lady, but that doesn't mean the combos of vites if pre-natals aren't for you?
Thing is? You don't want to make things worse, and B-6, while in some instances is needed? Too much of a good thing this is NOT.
I hope this helps -'s - j
Also? Application of heat or cold - remember this rule [Told to me by a former ER nurse] 20 minutes on any spot? 20 minutes off that spot. For Heat? I use a moist heat-heating pad and simply rotate, same w/ice pacs. You can get some in the drug stores? That are like those chiller packs for toting foods to football games etc? But, these are flexable...cost about $6-10 a pack and are great for the chilling aspects. They sort of thaw after about an hour? But put 'em back in the freezer and in 2-3 hours? They are good to go again! IF You have a severe PN tho? Be sure to use some sort of washcloth or the like between IT and your skin. Too much too fast isn't good nor comfy!
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote