Thread: Is this MG??
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 11:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
Jana,
Thx for info. I have started a journal to log occurences (time of day, how tired, last Mesty, etc.) to see if any patterns develop. This feels different than fog. It's like a sudden complete blank where the word was in my head - but it never got to my mouth. Not even stumbling over the word or thought....just a blank blot out!

I'm fully aware of it happening (has happened). The way I get going again is to sort of force relax with a deep breath (usu. followed by a statement of extreme displeasure over what just happened!! lol). Then it takes about 30 seconds or so to 'reset' my thought and try it again.

Very bizarre.....your thoughts?

Sue
When some of the other MGers first started talking about this, let me tell you that I FREAKED!! I am known as the "brain" in my family -- not that I am that smart -- that is just my "role". (I'd rather be the "pretty one", but my sister has that cornered -- LOL.) I was losing my physical strength, my ability to talk, I had already lost my ability to work -- now I was going to lose my ability to THINK?!?!?!? Well, so far, mine ONLY seems related to words and names. I do "lose" them -- especially when I am tired or need another Mesty. But, I have NOT (knock wood) noticed any lag in my math or logic skills. So, I feel OK about the situation. It is INCONVENIENT -- and perturbing -- but, certainly something that is not all that uncommon with "normal" people. When I was still working, people who were NOT ill were constantly coming to me asking for names or using me as a living thesarus.

Here is a link with some info:
http://www.docguide.com/dg.nsf/Print...2569F50071AAB8
DesertFlower (11-15-2009), suev (11-15-2009)