View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 08:10 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Yes, with the exception of silymarin for my liver, I stopped everything. Getting the dosing right is a real challenge because of my metabolic rate and I needed as few variables as possible. Having said that, however, today I am skipping the DXM to give my system a chance to clear it out. I have been having some bloating that concerns me. Nothing that I have read indicates that hepatic concerns come with DXM, but we "slow" metabolizers worry. In lieu of the DXM, I am taking a ginger capsule which at least one study indicates falls in the same family of NMDA antagonists. Sorry to complicate things, but if a "slow" guy like me can get a handle on this then it should be easy for normal folk.

In general, I still consider the DXM to be a big success. The metabolic problem is a real pain in the butt with the gradual "OD" effect being so hard to anticipate. I am thinking about going even lower on the dosing to maintain a constant level with a weekly "flushing" day to reset the system. One wants a happy liver to take that approach, however.

The important thing, to me, is the realization of the potential of these NMDA antagonists. DXM and ecstasy clearly improve symptoms. Theanine and ginger should, but the jury is still out. Another exists called mematine. I'm sure there are others, but the research hasn't been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet green View Post
Rick,

So I think I read above that you stopped almost all of your other supplements to get a clear reading on the DXM. Does that mean that you've stopped all the items listed in your "Current Blend"?
Katherine
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
violet green (11-16-2009)