View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 01:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That sounds like a great system. You are lucky to have someone 'doubling' your experiments.

Good on you for reducing your sodium intake if you need to also! Be aware that baking soda can adds lots of sodium also... if you're big bakers. I did some research on it a couple of years ago and ended up cutting a lot of that out too.

Lastly, watch your iodine levels. Lots of places in N.A. are known for low iodine levels in the people. This can produce fatigue. The weird thing is, they put iodine in salt... but sodium and iodine compete with eachother. From my understand, the body will take up sodium before iodine and so lots of NA people remain low... I haven't confirmed my resources yet though...

So if anyone else can explain this, I'd love to learn more. Please follow the iodine thread if you can answer this or have comments. That way we won't take this thread so far OT.

Thanks.
Iodine thread

01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 01-13-2007 at 01:41 PM.
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote