Thread: Furloughs!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I was talking about the MAP grants in regards to reimbursement according to Quinn, not the veterans grants. I don't know about the tuition waivers, never heard of that. I was talking about one of the grants they are possibly going to deny and is funded through Illinois. The boys benefits/grants are through the state and called the POW/MIA scholarship. It is for dependents and spouses of veterans who are POW/MIA, deceased during wartime or 100% service connected. I used it and the boys attend school under this program because Jim is a 100% service connected Illinois vet. It is strictly from the state here in Illinois and only available through state universities. This is why we have to live here in Illinois until the boys graduate.

The Illinois VA funds the money and if the state doesn't help give them the money then the program may be affected. Other states have a similar program but this one is possibly affected here. The Chapter 35 and GI Bill grants are federal and so far not affected.

Let us know what the president says. It seems Illinois can't get it together. I also heard this state is in the top ten of being in the most debt. So many programs we use and support are not being funded. So sad.

Last edited by SandyC; 11-15-2009 at 07:30 PM.
SandyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (11-15-2009)