View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 07:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Brain Freeze

Mark, and everybody, by this do you mean that your mind in just totally blank? Like feels like an empty space and your eyes are looking ahead and seeing nothing?

On the odd occasion when I have tried to explain about brain injury people have just looked at me disbelievingly - like you can speak well, look ok so what's your problem. And then sometimes if I tell somebody about it I feel like by talking about it I am wallowing in self pity - groan.................... and sometimes i think if I ignore it, it will all go away and I will be back to normal. But now is normal. I have just had a bout of hoping it would all go away which is why I have been absent for a while.

By the way - Dianne Stoler - I read her book and it simply made me feel like I was in adequate and maybe I wasn't all that bad and why wasn't I able to do as she is.

A book that I have just read that is fabulous is "Just a Bang on the Head" by Rosie Belton. The book contains a section which has been written by members of her family giving their view points.

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote