View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 01:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Allen,

Don't leave us! I, for one, am glad to see some honest, hit-the-wall venting!! Everyone with MG has had similar feelings at one point or another. "part of the process" as they say.

I don't have the double vision - my issues are more generalized weakness and some ptosis........that said, I'm not sure how I would react if my doc recommended IVIG.
I think I would rather that than pred - and I think I would give it a try. But that's easy for me to guess at, when I'm not actually in the situation.

Getting angry at MG feels good from time to time - and is absolutely a fantastic release. But really try not to stay angry for a long time - cuz that becomes energy drain and will actually worsen MG symptoms. (I know - sounds good, huh?)

Allen, I don't think you are not pessimistic - you are honest about what MG is doing to you and your concerns about IVIG. You're in the middle of working through treatment options with your doc.

There is no perfect answer, many treatment options come with downside risk - but upside gain too. Do what is right for you...when it's right for you.

And keep coming to this forum...ok?

Sue
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (11-16-2009)