View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Smile Dear Rhiannon

I am so relieved you didn't take my post as dismissive. what a goof. yes i was trying to support you. and actually, thought to suggest earplugs later but i see you have got to that. i use them for migraines, but in that case, i am acutely sound sensitive... i can't ask the people in my own house not to, for instance, use silverware (there seem to be high pitched overtones that are piercing when i have migraines), or not to talk in normal voices. so really, i use them mostly to correct for my own sensory perception being abnormally acute. i do ask for my folks not to shout and keep the tv down though, that is fair enough i think!

i understand about the agoraphobia. you have to do what you can do. certainly if you are not up to talking to them, earplugs are better than seizures!

as for the Il Divo... well. i thought it was a funny idea... but i don't think it would necessarily get the point across. in fact, if you did that, and you ever had to defend a position with regard to excessive noise by the others, you would be setting a precedent... even if the music is different. you would be acting in the same way as they are, it would "hurt your case."

also, my guess is it won't bother them half as much, if at all. good chance they won't have seizures! and they might even sleep through it.

i would stick with the earplugs and when you feel a bit stronger consider having that chat with them if the situation recurs. or perhaps a good-natured friend can have the conversation on your behalf... although were it me, i would want to know exactly what gets said.

anyway, glad they stopped at 6.30pm this time. perhaps it was just a "special occasion" or something. let us hope you don't have to deal with this on a regular basis. i wouldn't want you to need to resort to earplugs on a regular basis.

you take care and i hope you get some good rest now.

~ waves ~
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote