Thread: Advice please
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

JT,

Do you have any "gentle" intellectual pursuits? Maybe rereading a favorite book or doing some "simple" word games?

I can not handle the intensity of Sudoku but I do like to do the Numbrix puzzles at Parade:
http://www.parade.com/askmarilyn/num...-20090617.html

There is no calculating involved, just filling in the blanks with the proper numbers in normal sequence.

I know how frustrating this can be. I needed to fill out Work Comp forms after my injury but they overwhelmed me. I can get overwhelmed by a fill in the blanks form.

Do you like drawing or painting? Creative expression can be a good outlet if it is your style.

Remember, you can start simple and only progress as you feel. Be ready to take a break. This is important. When you feel like your eyes are glassing over or your brain is struggling, take a break.

Your brain will get good benefit from efforts that are as low impact as a slow walk. Your brain does not need to run hard or train for a marathon. A slow walk is of great value.

I get great benefit being with young children. They do not put you to task. Their simple play is very therapeutic.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote