Old 11-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymorgy View Post
huge hugs....i would feel the same way. it is so unnessary.
love
bobby
thank you dear Bobby. how are you holding up these days?

by the way the meat is by no means a delicacy - it is actually cheaper/less prestigious meat and there is not a huge market for it, but it is available. in older times, esp. war, horses that would otherwise have been killed due to injury or whatever, were butchered - a matter of not letting edible meat go to waste. nowadays even though there is no food shortage, it may still be a holdover of avoiding "waste" ... i do not know.

what really gets me is a few weeks ago one of my parents said something about trying it again - they had it as children - well i said no way jose and heard nothing more about it. but mom acted surprised about my message tonight. and there are leftovers - enough was bought for me as well. i was not told or asked about dinner until i asked dad if he was making veggies, or i would not have known! and it was sausage! if my father had not mentioned what kind, i might not have known until half way through the meal!!!!

i respect that they can eat what they want. it makes me uncomfortable, but this subtle presumptive inclusion after i had said i would not part-take is downright upsetting! maybe they just forgot... i think i had just better assume that for my own peace of mind.

--------

i just talked to mom. seems like when they brought it up dad may have bought it already. i told her she needs to warn me next time when they plan it for dinner, because i only found out accidentally and i do not wish to accidentally get fed horse sausage (not obviously different by cut or appearance once cooked). she said they would have the leftovers next wednesday when i have therapy, as i will be coming home after dinner time. whew!

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-17-2009), Dmom3005 (11-18-2009), Isis (11-18-2009)