Old 11-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
thanks for the solidarity.

remember it is cultural. i mean, i don't if perhaps you are vegan, but i am not appalled by the eating of other meats. but i would be just as appalled about someone eating cats... and so would my horse eating mother!

i did not grow up here. i am not used to this. unlike my parents, i was born and bred in Anglo cultures, and i believe the horse is seen differently. i think precluded as possible food. even since they moved and i joined the parents here, they have not done this so it was a shock.

i still haven't eaten anything yet. i think i will have a banana for dinner. that feels safe. at least for starters. animals feel very psychologically unsafe right now. i am shaken.

~ waves ~
Oh waves,
It makes perfect sense to me and I can emphsize. My parents grew up here in the hunting farming of the Pocono's. Their family's were mainly self sufficient, the gardens, cattle they raised to slaughter, chickens picked from the chicken coop for supper...
They are all hunters including my son's....Deer, rabbit, squirrel and bear etc.

I can not do it!!!! I will not even let them use my pans, now that is rediculous to many.....

A few weeks ago I was in the middle of eating sausage links with pepper and onions and my one and dil told me it was Deer....
I lost my stomach....Not only that, my trust to any prepared meals they bring.

My meat has to be in packages from the market!.
So I do not stop them from enjoying their taste, but I hate even the smell.

I truely can feel how that made you feel, with horse I think it was even worse because they are more domesticated; that is a stronger feeling.
What ever you eat, enjoy it.
Di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-17-2009), BlueMajo (11-16-2009), Dmom3005 (11-18-2009), Mari (11-17-2009)