Thread: HI....LP Shunt?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 12:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenji View Post
Hi, I am Zenji. I found this site awhile ago then I ran into some medical stuff and haven't been able to get online again. I was diagnosed with Chiari type 1 about two years ago. I have a question I don't know if anyone on here has a LP shunt but I was wondering how I would know if it was failing. I can't find anything online about what symptoms. I have this horrible headache and lower back pain. I also am having really bad stomach pain on the side where my shunt is located. I have talked with my doctor who just does a ct scan and says I am fine. I can't get an mri because the lp shunt is not compatible with the mri machine. I really think something is wrong with my shunt but my doctor won't listen he is too respected to go to the er. They just tell me to make an appointment with my ns.
I have a VP Shunt and the symptoms are Headaches, dizziness, CSF collecting at the base of the skull, I recommend consulting with another neurosurgeon and or neurologist, this site should be able to help you with some specs, and symptoms to look for http://www.medtronic.com/your-health...unts/index.htm I had my shunt put in this August so far so good I hope this helps I glad to help any way I can, let us know how things work out.
brainiac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote