Thread: massage
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome

So sorry you need myofascial massage. I've had years of it, and yes I've even thrown up at times, especially when made dizzy - and off balance for a few weeks again. Mine is a long stint of PT. I stuck with it.

I had multiple injured areas, so I do feel after 8 years of it, at times the massages was helping some things but irritating others, but what's one to do? I had to have it. That's what I needed. I did learn to inhale water and I did have to give up a lot out of my life to get to a comfort zone in life. Not that I'm happy about it but I'm not in 24/7 pain anymore. I've also tried most everything that came my way, with some good results and some bad. You just have to think about things and give it a try, then tweak to fit your needs. I hope your therapist is willing to work with you. If they are easier, it will just take longer. There was no quick fixes or magic to it.

After a few years of it, I came up with this: Good injury/bad injury... I'm so confused

I did find yoga, water and LED and infrared light pads to help me through it.

I have long posts but there's lots of info that you may find helpful to you.

I don't know what shape you're in or what limitations you might have. Can you give us a little more info about your day? how you're managing? what you can't do now?

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (11-18-2009)