View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 11:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
I know we tend to think of all the bad and serious things that might be wrong, but in doing so we in danger of overlooking the simple ones, of which there are probably many more, and are much more common as pain instigators.
It sounds to me like a simple case of very tight muscles, as you suggest.
Tight and knotted back muscles can't relax and lengthen as they should, so they get sore, and pull down on the neck muscles. They then hurt too.
These then pull on the scalp muscles, making the head sore as well.
So you can have a variety of very strong pain in your back, shoulders, arms, neck and head, even the eyes, just from muscle problems.
I know, I have it bad.
The remedy for me is regular remedial massages. Pain went immediately. Still comes back if I overdo it, but much, much less and more easily controlled.
My new pain doctor diagnosed this problem, and he was 100% correct.

I also do a stretch and exercise routine for 30m most days.
Yes. I do believe that tense muscles play into this. I also still have this darn nasal drip.. and it kept me up half the night. So perhaps tension, worry, stress and a sinus issue.. oh who knows??LOL. I do know they have not called me yet about my MRI and I am anxious as heck. I'd like to know what they saw or did not see. Thanks for your reply. I just hope it's not an anyerisum... that really scares me. I did have an MRA under a year ago, and that was nice and clear.. none found. Do you think one could have developed? I have NO family history of them.
neuroquestions is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote