View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
I think that you need to have a 'cocktail' of a pain killer along with your neurontin.
Most of us use something in the opiate, or synthetic opiate class along with neurontin or Lyrica.
I take Tramadol (generic Ultram) @ 100mg 4x day along with my Lyrica, but was taking the same before I switched from neurontin (6+ years on neurontin, plus Tramadol ).
I'm not sure that it can be taken along with Valium (Diazepam) and may knock you loopy, if you do. But the Diazepam is a mild trnquilizer and is used primarily for anxiety (sometimes as a sleep aid), but isn't for pain-usually.
I think that you need a pain killer for that burning.
But 2400 mg of neurontin is just about the base minimum for PN symptoms, as well.
You may need to increase to 3200 or 3600 a day for symptomatic relief.
I think your meds need to be revised, and a different mix may help.
Tramadol is a good addition to the war on PN. However, if it is really over the top, you might want to consider Oxycodone. I've been on it for a couple years, and although I'm not real happy about the addictive nature of the opiate, it does do the trick. Either that, or Oxycontin...a slow release drug that gives you a constant level of pain relief. Hydrocodone also works.....Good luck.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sheila (11-17-2009)