View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Joshua, I just looked at your age. I am concerned that you are so young. Have they really worked you up thoroughly? Do you have any history of SFN in your family?

As a nurse myself, I can say that it is really hard to work in that profession with a chronic pain issue. Since you are still in school, you may want to look at a change in your major. All of us old nurses have a ton of physical problems. If I had it to do again, .......

(Yes, I am aware of the job market....)

You will be subject to drug tests by most employers, so consider that in your decisions as to what to use for pain.

I just came off a fentanyl patch and clonazepam and it was a really difficult physically. I have done this several times, and have come to the conclusion that the meds don't help me.

I wish you luck in your search for pain relief, and also in your search for a cause of your PN. They tell you it is idiopathic really fast sometimes, way, way before they have done a lot of other tests. Also, have you had an autonomic work up? If not, I would consider that. Also, one thing I did, was do a huge genealogy.....finding out what is hiding in the genes...especially given you are so young.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote