Old 11-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Books are never boring! Much better than TV

I have a fantasy series too... filled with adult themes, but rather
violent, with sociopathic people killing each other off...but still very intriguing and very well written.

George R.R. Martin The Song of Fire and Ice.
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

I read all sorts of things. My hubby suggested Martin this summer so I read 4000+pgs... 4 books. This is sort of an adult Harry Potter thingey. But very adult.Some magic, but mostly like a medieval historical novel, with knights, etc. Martin is just a great writer and pulls this off very well.

I think it is hard to have a "favorite". I find myself trying all sorts of things. I like to go to the book sales my library does twice a year, and pick up things for .50 cents... little treasures!

When I was younger I read more non-fiction. Now I am branching out into other areas!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote