View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi laurynnn,

Did you fill out a health history form at the oral sugeons office? Did or the nurse go over it with you? The surgeon deals with patients with all sorts of health issues and if he felt there was a reason to be concerned about giving you anesthesia, he would have spoken to you about it. If you have any concerns with it, then make sure you talk to him before he gives you the meds.

The sedation that is used intraveniously at the oral surgeons office is a light general anesthetic that puts a patient in what is called a twilight sleep. You will fall into a sleep very quickly and not be aware of anything going on around you. You will also wake up very quickly with little to no groggy feeling at the end of the procedure. The time will feel like only a few seconds have passed.

I wish an antibiotic would cure your infection but unfortunately it won't. The tooth is causing the infection and the only way to cure it is to remove the tooth.

Post op diet......needs to be soft in consistency. No creams or purees are necessary. Foods that are good are..... eggs, soup (not too hot) with lots of vegetables in it, pudding, and things of those consistencies. Nothing that requires alot of chewing and nothing spicy or hot temperature. Drink lots of water from a cup... do not use a straw. If you smoke, now is the best time to stop because smoking can slow the healing process and prevent the surgical site from healing completely.

I think you will do fine. I know it's scary, but you will be ok ) Just take really good care of yourself and make sure you eat nutritiously. You won't know the outcome of the sinus issue until the procedure is done. So please try not to worry about that right now.

Look forward to hearing from you once the procedure is done! Keep your thoughts positive and know we are thinking about you!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurynnn View Post
yes he said they are going to put me to sleep, which is another thing that concerns me... I thought they would need to check if everything is fine with me since they are going to put me to sleep... I don't know if they are supposed to do it before the surgery...
he said he has to go through the sinus to remove it, I think it's pretty far up... I'm just worried about the problems I might have after the surgery... I don't wanna have problems for life because of this.
I have to say that this issue with this tooth it's been happening for a while and it's never bothered me or I have never felt any pain, the only thing is that in the morning is swollen and I have to press it to let the stuff out... but no pain at all...
do you think that infection could be treated with antibiotics or there is no way and I have to have that tooth removed?
I'm also concerned about the food issue, I can't stand pures or creams... so I don't know what I should eat after the surgery...
Also they are going to take advantage and remove my wisdom tooth at the bottom on the same side.
Thank you very much for your time.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote