View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
Joshua, I just looked at your age. I am concerned that you are so young. Have they really worked you up thoroughly? Do you have any history of SFN in your family?

As a nurse myself, I can say that it is really hard to work in that profession with a chronic pain issue. Since you are still in school, you may want to look at a change in your major. All of us old nurses have a ton of physical problems. If I had it to do again, .......

(Yes, I am aware of the job market....)

You will be subject to drug tests by most employers, so consider that in your decisions as to what to use for pain.

I just came off a fentanyl patch and clonazepam and it was a really difficult physically. I have done this several times, and have come to the conclusion that the meds don't help me.

I wish you luck in your search for pain relief, and also in your search for a cause of your PN. They tell you it is idiopathic really fast sometimes, way, way before they have done a lot of other tests. Also, have you had an autonomic work up? If not, I would consider that. Also, one thing I did, was do a huge genealogy.....finding out what is hiding in the genes...especially given you are so young.
I have been tested for everything under the sun, I've been suffering more and more everyday for a bit more than a year. I can't stand to be in pain any longer, especially if there is something, anything that could help keep my pain to a manageable level. Believe me, I'm exploring every option of figuring the cause of my SFN but until that day I need help. My neuro has tested me for most of the "fixable" causes and I think he's pretty sure my case is idiopathic. BUT you can never be too sure

I'm very focused with schooling and I want to continue in nursing. I have thought of it several times and how difficult it can be but I wont let this pain ruin my entire life and I wont let it stop me from doing something I really want to do. I wont let this pain control me if I have a choice.

I would never use ANY medication that isn't prescribed for me nor would I use recreational drugs so I don't think drug testing is a worry for me as it isn't illegal to test positive for a therapeutic dose of a prescribed medications.

I really appreciate your reply, it's so VERY important to have others that understand the situations we all encounter with PN and Chronic Pain. Thank you so much!

Josh
JoshuaY46012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote