View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Contrast bath...please help.

hello everyone,

I had my first session in PT today and it was a contrast bath. Just saying the words brings tears to my eyes. I have RSD in my right foot. I have a great team of Doctors, been getting nerve blocks, injections in the foot, and now PT but I must say, today was awful. Maybe I am just a baby? I feel so ashamed that I cried like I did but it hurt so badly putting my foot into cold water. My PT therapist kinda looked at me like I had three heads. Is it normal to hurt this bad? It took my breath away, He kept yelling at me to breath but I just couldn't. He gave me 5 seconds to put my whole foot in and I screamed out, I didn't mean to, it just came out. I couldn't keep it in for the full minute. He kept his hand over my knee the second time and held my foot there for the full minute and I wanted to die.

I am not on any pain meds, nothing has worked for me. I am now is so much pain after PT. I am at a loss, I have to go back tomorrow and do it again and the thoughts make me sick. He wants me to do this at home and I just don't think I can do it. Do they really help?? The pain is worth it?? I will do anything, even this if it really does help. Please , tell me this is worth it? Am what I am going through normal or is there something else going on?

Thank you for you help.

stardustkid
stardustkid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-18-2009)