View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi cvcman,

Correct, I would not opt for a root canal on a tooth that was infected or fractured beyond a restoration.

In my professional experience in Biological dentistry, all extracted root canaled teeth are sent out to be biopsied. In 30 years of dentistry, not one of these teeth ever had a clean pathological report. ALL of them harbored infectious nerve material AND necrotic nerve tissue that had never been removed during the root canal procedure. One other issue with root canals is the filling material that is placed inside the large canals just before the tooth is closed up.... it is called gutta percha and it is a rubberized substance impregnated with a radioactive dye so that it shows up on a radiograph. In addition to that, some dentists still use formocresal or formaldehyde to "disinfect" the large canals. This was the standard practice up until about 15 yrs ago and is still used by some. So the toxicity of the interior of the tooth is quite remarkable. Its simply exchanging infected nerve material for toxic replacement in the large canals. The accessory canals are microscopic and are embedded with necrotic nerve material. It is alot more complicated than what I am writing here.......

I had all 4 second molars removed to allow my wisdom teeth to come in. I had my lower left wisdom tooth guided in with orthodontia. I had another upper molar removed 32 yrs ago and never had it replaced with anything.

I've had cracked teeth crowned. So yes, if the tooth could be restored properly with a crown or onlay, that is what I would opt to do.

Listen at 50 if you are only missing 2 molars, you're doing pretty good!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcman View Post
interesting, so you would never opt for a root canal,an extraction IF a tooth was infected or fractured in the root you would go for an extraction, interesting.

So your thinking is the people who have had root canals for years are still playing with fire or maybe these people have better imune systems ??

On your extractions; did you replace them and if so with what ??

If you had a cracked tooth that the dentist said he could crown would you do that ??

I hate the thought that at 50 yrs old i am missing 2 molars and with this other one may be going for another
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote