Thread: why Me..!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 01:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

JJ,

I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time of it right now.

I've been there, but thankfully have moved forward. When I started my struggles with CP, I had no dx to explain the severity of my pain. I was being pooh-poohd by docs who told me it was all in my head. I was in a dark place then.

I'm not saying you should just 'toughen up' and just make yourself get happy about your current situation. For me, my solution was finding a good counselor to talk about a lot of issues I had going on. getting a plan for fixing those things, adding an antidepressant, and becoming certain that it wasn't all in my head. I did have to force myself to keep seeing different doctors until I finally found a few who had a clue and did not dismiss my symptoms. Having tests, getting dx'd, trying PT and nerve blocks, adding narcotics and neurontin, even finding NT and knowing that I wasn't alone in this......all of that changed my outlook because my pain was starting to be managed. Knowing that you have docs who are going to do their damnedest to let you have a functioning life again is HUGE !

Are you getting treatment for your pain ?

There is light at the end of the tunnel......I know that it's hard to see it at times.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (03-10-2010)