View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 01:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Wavegeek,

I have never heard of cases where CP directly causes cancer or anything like that.............but it is a well known fact that the stress of stress on our bodies lowers life expectency. I have high blood pressure. Only in my 40's but I am severely overweight, so I don't think that's directly caused by my CP issues, but.......my bp is fine with my meds when my pain level is managable (say, less than 5/10), but when my pain soars, so does my bp. I don't see how that's not going to cause a heart attack or stroke someday.

Even regarding the cancer issue......I don't see how pain could directly cause a tumor, but if our bodies are run down from the constant stress of CP, I think our bodies would be less able to fight off any threats.

I think the best that we can do is to try to get our pain as well managed as possible.....that includes medications, therapies, and medical interventions as well as the things we can directly control......like finding peace spiritually, through support of family and friends, finding hobbies that we can still participate in, etc.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-05-2010), Hockey (03-14-2010), tamiloo (01-26-2010)